Public Works / DOTs
Hycrete corrosion inhibition products increase structural durability for infrastructure owners by (a) reducing the ingress of water and dissolved salts, and (b) forming a layer of protection on rebar.
- Increased durability
- Reduce absorptivity of concrete
- Protect rebar with a corrosion resistant passivation layer
- Minimize water and chloride damage, even in cracked concrete
- Present for the life of the structure, material is chemically bonded to the concrete pores and steel surface and cannot be washed away or degrade over time
- Green construction
- Cradle to Cradle™ certified material
- Non-toxic, non-polluting
- Structures last longer and have a longer life cycle, making construction more sustainable
- Can enhance recyclability of the concrete
- Proven in difficult conditions
- Reduces damage from deicing salts, salt water, and freeze-thaw cycles
You want long-lasting structures that are economical and easy to build and maintain. Hycrete can help you achieve these goals.
Hycrete solutions increase concrete durability by (a) reducing the absorptivity of concrete and (b) forming a protective layer on reinforcing bar. The Hycrete corrosion inhibition solution, Hycrete X1000, can be used in all types of infrastructure applications including bridges, tunnels, roads, marine structures, water systems, etc. It protects against water and chloride ingress, reducing chloride corrosion and spalling which lead to structural failure. It even adds corrosion benefit to cracked concrete. Your structure lasts longer – reducing the cost and inconvenience of repairing infrastructure.
Hycrete waterproofing and corrosion inhibition solutions can be effective means for protecting above and below grade structures from water ingress and corrosion, including tunnels, piers, terminals, water treatment, transport, piling, and decks.
Contact Us to learn more about using Hycrete admixtures for infrastructure projects