Hycrete’s waterproofing products can help owners to accelerate construction and reduce delays, so that buildings can be occupied sooner and risks can be reduced.
Benefits of Hycrete Waterproofing Solutions
- Better return on investment (ROI) – Lower first cost of construction
- Typically, 30% or more savings in installed cost versus traditional membranes
- Better ROI – Shortens construction schedules
- An entire step in construction is eliminated – preparation for membranes and membrane application
- By reducing the construction schedule and risks of weather delays, your building may be able to open sooner
- May save weeks or months on a project due to accelerated construction and reduced construction delays – with associated savings on overhead cost
- Earlier building occupation
- Longer lasting and more durable floor finishes – Flooring protection from moisture-related failures
- Protect floor finishes from moisture-related failures with a warranted solution
- Reduce delays associated with concrete drying and put finishes down sooner
- Peace of mind
- Sustainable construction
- Stand-alone Innovation in Design LEED Credit for “Membrane-Free Construction”
- Elimination of thousands of square feet of membrane products (often petroleum-based) reduces construction waste, use of non-recyclable materials, and environmentally unfriendly chemical use
- Concrete with Hycrete admixtures can easily be recycled – Hycrete admixtures were the first Cradle to CradleCM Certified building materials
- Increases design flexibility
- Simplify design – simple details accelerate design and mitigate risk of mistakes
- Reduce change orders – simple integral design minimizes or eliminates the change orders common to waterproofing when details were not fully designed
- Difficult situations such as waterproofing next to caissons, tie-backs, shotcrete, and one-sided walls are accommodated
- Great for zero lot line projects: integral waterproofing eliminates the need for blind-side access, reducing excavation requirements
- Reduces long-term operating costs
- Lower repair and maintenance costs – the waterproofing is inside the concrete and protected by it – no periodic repair or replacement required
- Improves structural durability
- The structure is protected from water ingress to concrete
- Concrete reinforcement is protected from corrosion
- Risk reduction
As a building owner, you want a structure that is as low cost as possible, built as quickly as possible, with as little maintenance as possible. Hycrete waterproofing products and services can help you to achieve these goals. Hycrete waterproofing solutions are generally lower cost than membranes and other alternatives in terms of material and labor costs. They also reduce the construction schedule and reduce the risk of weather delays, making building completion faster and more predictable. And because they are inside the structure and protected by it, they can’t be damaged, which may reduce maintenance costs.
If you need to value engineer your building project, Hycrete waterproofing solutions may help you reduce costs and shorten the construction schedule.
Contact Us to find out more about how Hycrete products and services can help you build faster and more economically and reduce your maintenance costs.