Hycrete products improve concrete durability of concrete by (a) reducing the permeability of concrete and (b) forming a protective layer on rebar.
- Improved structural durability
- Keeps the water out of structures: Hycrete admixtures reduce the absorptivity of concrete
- Keeps the corrosive materials out of the concrete: Hycrete admixtures reduce the diffusion of dissolve chlorides into concrete
- Inhibit corrosion of reinforcement: Hycrete admixtures protect rebar with a passivating layer that reduces corrosion potential
- Performance in cracked concrete: Activated Hycrete admixtures form a chemical bond within concrete pores and on the surface of rebar that enhances performance over other inhibitors in cracked concrete
- Easy to Use
- Hycrete admixtures are neutral to most concrete properties such as set time and finishing
- The Hycrete engineers and technicians provide expert service with Hycrete System W to ensure proper designs, optimal concrete mixes, and successful pours
- Sustainable design, Green construction
- Contributes to or delivers LEED credits in several categories and assists in green building certification
- Reduces material demand: Hycrete admixtures eliminate the need for traditional petroleum-based, non-renewable, and high-VOC membrane products
- Easier to recycle: Hycrete admixtures enhance recyclability by keeping chlorides out of concrete and eliminating non-recyclable membranes
- Cradle-to-Cradle™ Certified
- Simple design
- Fewer products: Hycrete admixtures deliver the performance of a surface applied sealant and a corrosion inhibiting admixture in one application
- Fewer steps: Hycrete admixtures eliminate the additional application of external sealants and membranes
- Time savings
- Proven in difficult situations
- Waterproof concrete may reduce the need to widen the excavation, which is especially helpful in zero lot line projects. Reduce the need for slimmer structural members while maximizing usable space
- Provides waterproofing and corrosion resistance in difficult situations, such as next to caissons, tie-backs, shotcrete, and one-sided walls
- Excellent protection in marine environments
- Life of the structure performance; Hycrete admixtures are chemically bonded to the concrete and rebar and will not wash out or degrade over time
Corrosion Inhibition Products
Hycrete X1000 increases the durability of concrete as a dual-action corrosion inhibitor – (a) reducing the absorptivity of concrete and (b) forming a passivating layer around reinforcing bar. If you or your clients are looking for an increased structural life, learn more about Hycrete X1000.
Membranes can protect concrete from water damage, but minor damage, improper installation and minor flaws can lead to leaks, corrosion, damage. Hycrete waterproofing solutions protect the concrete from water ingress and damage by (a) reducing the absorptivity of concrete and (b) forming a passivating layer around reinforcing rebar,. The protection is chemically bonded inside the concrete and cannot wash out, degrade or be damaged. Hycrete treated structures experience longer life cycles. If you and your clients require waterproofing and an increased structural life, learn more about Hycrete waterproofing solutions.
Contact Us to learn more about Hycrete waterproofing and corrosion inhibition solutions, to arrange a seminar, or to find products and services that may benefit you, whether you are a structural engineer, civil engineer, or environmental engineer.