Architects and Specification Writers
Hycrete products for architects include membrane-free and double-protection waterproofing, as well as solutions for flooring protection from moisture vapor. They are green and offer simple design, cost savings, time savings, and risk reduction.
Benefits of Hycrete Waterproofing Solutions:
- Simple design and details
- No complex, time-consuming membrane details to draw up
- Simpler details mean simpler installation, and fewer mistakes
- More robust, with lower risk of failure
- No need to chase the source of leaks – where the leak appears is the same as the source of the problem. Therefore, repairs are made quickly and are long-lasting
- Flooring protection from moisture-vapor related problems
- Reduce risk and protect your flooring with a warranted solution
- Reduce delays as well as the expense of floor repairs and change orders
- Reduced design chargebacks
- Waterproofing has traditionally been a major source of change orders – missed details or unexpected complexity lead the contractor to seek more money; with Hycrete’s straight-forward approach, there are no change orders
- Lower cost
- Typically, 30% or more lower installed cost than membrane alternatives
- Faster construction and fewer weather delays may lead to lower overhead costs
- Hycrete approach eliminates critical path construction steps, accelerating completion
- Reduced long-term operational costs
- Lower repair and maintenance costs – the waterproofing is inside the concrete and protected by it. It won’t wash out. No periodic repair or replacement required
- Sustainable design, green construction
- Contributes to or delivers LEED credits in several categories and assists in green building certification
- Eliminates the need for thousands of square feet of membrane products (often petroleum-based)
- Concrete with Hycrete admixtures can easily be recycled – Hycrete admixtures are Cradle to CradleCM Certified Gold
- Industry-leading warranty with Hycrete System W
- With the Hycrete System W performance warranty, there’s no finger pointing or chasing multiple contractors who blame each other. If it leaks, we fix it.
- Simple and comprehensive warranty lowers risk for the designer
- Industry-leading service with Hycrete System W
- With Hycrete System W waterproof construction, Hycrete offers service every step of the way – design guidance, mix guidance, preconstruction meetings, construction quality assurance, post-placement inspection, and pre-delivery preparation
- Hycrete team members are there on site to ensure it gets done right, lowering risk
- High level of quality control ensures a leak-free structure
- Increased durability
- The structure is protected from water ingress and corrosion damage
- Proven in difficult situations
- Waterproof concrete may reduce the need to widen the excavation, which is especially helpful in zero lot line projects
- Can be used in difficult situations such as waterproofing next to caissons, tie-backs, shotcrete, and one-sided walls
As an architect or independent specification writer, you’re under pressure to specify products that perform well. Owners want value engineering to ensure that their buildings are built as economically as possible. You want great waterproofing with simple design details and easy specification. Hycrete products can help provide you waterproofing solutions. As an added benefit, Hycrete waterproofing concrete admixtures increase the durability of your structure by protecting against corrosion. You can design a structure with good concrete waterproofing. The building owner gets faster construction so they can save money and start earning revenues faster.
If you need to value engineer your building project, Hycrete waterproofing solutions may help you reduce costs and shorten the construction schedule.
Contact us to learn more about Hycrete products and services, to check whether Hycrete materials are suitable for your application, or to set up an AIA seminar.