For dual-action corrosion inhibition in concrete
Hycrete X1000 is a dual-action corrosion inhibitor, protecting steel reinforcement in two ways. Hycrete X1000:
- reduces the permeability of concrete, up to seven times better than control concrete as measured under the BSI 1881-122 test
- forms a protective layer on the surface of rebar
With one application Hycrete X1000 provides an effective and robust barrier against water and chloride ingress that does not lose performance over time and never requires reapplication. It increases concrete durability and sustainability. Concrete treated with X1000 outperforms High Performance Concrete mixes (HPC) that include silica fume, fly ash, slag and calcium nitrite corrosion inhibitors.
- Increased structural durability
- Reduce absorptivity of concrete
- Protect rebar with passivating layer
- Minimize water and chloride damage, even in cracked concrete
- Does not degrade, wash out or lose performance over time
- Increase life cycle of structure
- Structures last longer and have a longer life cycle, making construction more sustainable, and easier and cheaper to maintain
- Green construction
- Concrete with Hycrete admixtures can easily be recycled
- Hycrete admixtures are Cradle-to-Cradle™ Certified
- Easy to dose into the concrete mix, via standard liquid metering system
- Neutral to set-time, finishing, and workability
- No exposure issues when mixed with fresh concrete
- No dangerous silica dust or breakable bags
- No ammonia or drums to mix
- Virtually no VOCs
Hycrete X1000 corrosion-inhibiting concrete admixture is a surfactant-based corrosion inhibitor manufactured by Hycrete, Inc. Mixed into the concrete at the batch plant, Hycrete X1000 becomes an integral part of the concrete matrix. It is a dual-action corrosion inhibitor which protects reinforcing bar and other steel in concrete in two ways:
a) By forming a passivating layer on the steel surface which protects against chloride and other salt ion damage
b) By reducing the sorptivity of concrete so less water and dissolved salts can penetrate to attack embedded structural steel.
Concrete with Hycrete X1000 has good workability, which aids in correct concrete placement. Concrete with Hycrete X1000 outperforms triple blend (silica fume, fly ash and slag) cementitious systems and concrete with calcium nitrite based corrosion inhibitors, even in cracked concrete. Hycrete X1000 stays bonded within the concrete and does not degrade or wash out. The industry leading performance of Hycrete admixtures extend the service life of structures.
Hycrete X1000 in conjunction with concrete that meets ACI quality standards will slow the rate of chloride penetration and reduce the corrosion rate once chlorides do reach the rebar. The result is concrete that is more resistant to traditional forms of degradation and structures that last longer and are safer longer.
Contact Us to learn more about how Hycrete X1000 can increase the durability of your structure.