Plazas and Podium Decks
- Faster construction with membrane-free construction
- Reduced preparation and construction time
- Reduced risk of weather delays
- Allows use as a laydown area
- The waterproofing is inside the concrete – it will not get damaged
- Eliminate the time and cost associated with protection
- Simple design for waterproofing
- Penetrations, changes in level, and other details are easy to design and to build
- Waterproofing performance
- Waterproofing protection is inside the concrete and protected from damage
- Waterproof construction is available – no leaks
- Increase durability
- Protect against corrosion at the same time as waterproofing
- Green construction
- Contributes to or delivers LEED credits in several categories and may assist in green building certification
- Eliminates the need for thousands of square feet of membrane products (often petroleum-based)
- Concrete with Hycrete admixtures can easily be recycled – Hycrete admixtures are Cradle-to-Cradle™ Certified
- Industry-leading warranty with Hycrete System W
- If it leaks, we fix it
- For plazas and podium decks above unfinished, unoccupied space, subject to Hycrete approval
- Industry-leading service with Hycrete System W
- No need to reapply coatings eg traffic coating
Plazas and podium decks are often not on the critical path, but they can take a long time to waterproof with membranes. They are often used as laydown areas during construction – when membranes are used, they are not immediately available and they are easily damaged. With membrane-free construction using Hycrete waterproofing products, construction is faster and the area can be used for storing materials immediately after curing, with no protection required. Compared with split slab methods, plaza waterproofing and podium deck waterproofing with Hycrete waterproofing solutions is also simpler and costs less. Omitting the split slab means that there is no need to wait for the first layer of concrete to dry and to potentially be delayed by weather. The slab can be poured in one go, accelerating the schedule.
Hycrete products can also be used to double-protect sensitive areas under plazas and podium decks, using a membrane plus integral waterproofing. Some plazas and podium decks are also used as green roofs, and Hycrete in a belt-and-suspender application with a membrane can provide additional protection for these applications, which are often at a high risk for leaks.
Contact us to learn more about using Hycrete products to waterproof your new plaza or podium deck.
Hycrete products for plazas and podium decks:
“Hycrete System W offers the highest level of waterproofing performance and service backed by the industry’s strongest warranty. I will continue to recommend the use of Hycrete products for my customer’s most critical waterproofing needs.” Bijan Armandpour, Bijan and Associates.
See case study and testimonials for Central Village, Los Angeles, CA