Below Grade Foundations and Elevator Pits
- Reduced cost for membrane-free construction in most cases
- Reduced construction time for membrane-free construction
- Minimal surface preparation, no need to wait for substrate to dry, no weather delays
- Slab on grade – in most cases, reduce critical path construction time by at least 1 week compared with bentonite and at least 2 weeks compared with other membranes
- Blindside walls – in most cases, reduce critical path construction time by at least 1 week compared with membranes of all types
- Save space
- In zero lot line construction, you can build right up to the edge of the plot
- No space lost to surface preparation and waterproofing thickness for waterproofing applied before the concrete wall is placed
- No space lost to provide room for waterproofing to be applied after the concrete wall has been installed
- Waterproofing performance
- Waterproofing protection is inside the concrete and protected from damage
- Waterproof construction is available – no leaks
- Increase durability
- Protect against corrosion at the same time as waterproofing
- Green construction
- Contributes to or delivers LEED credits in several categories
- Simple design
- Simple detailing
- Simple installation
- Works in difficult conditions
- Shotcrete walls
- High water table
Hycrete waterproofing products can be used for below grade waterproofing for fast, effective membrane-free waterproofing in applications adjacent to unoccupied space. Basement slabs are waterproofed quickly without the need for extra excavation and time for a mud slab. Basement walls have accelerated construction because of reduced preparation requirements. Hycrete products are integral – they are mixed in with the concrete, and protected by it. The waterproofing will not wash out, and it cannot be damaged. Your foundations are protected and their durability is increased.
Elevator pit waterproofing is notoriously difficult. Spaces are confined, and the elevator pit is lower and more likely to be in the water table. Hycrete waterproofing solutions are ideally suited for waterproofing in confined spaces. For owners, designers, and contractors, the elevator pit is often the first part of a building they waterproof with Hycrete solutions for this reason – and the waterproofing is so effective that they often go on to use it in other parts of the building and save considerable time and money.
Pilings and columns which may require waterproofing and be subject to corrosion are also protected by Hycrete waterproofing solutions. The admixtures reduce the amount of water that can be absorbed by the concrete, and also form a coating around the steel reinforcement, to give additional protection against corrosion.
As well as membrane-free construction, Hycrete products can also be used with membranes for belt-and-suspender applications where additional protection is required.
Contact us if you have any questions or would like us to advise the suitability of Hycrete waterproofing products for your projects or applications.
Hycrete products for below-grade foundations and elevator pits:
“Using Hycrete System W proved to be the most cost-effective way to waterproof the structure.”
Jack Avery, SVP / Director of Construction, Sellen Construction.
Hycrete System W used in below-grade slab and walls – $508,284 saved and schedule reduced by 30 days. See case study and testimonials for UW Medicine, Seattle, WA
“Hycrete’s waterproofing solution accelerated construction and their service was top-notch. Our customer has a water-tight solution backed by an industry-leading warranty.” Ken Long, President, Largo Concrete, Inc.
Hycrete System W used in below-grade slab and walls – $273,056 saved and schedule reduced by 15 days. See case study and testimonials: Skyline at McArthur Place, Santa Ana, CA