Decorative / Architectural Concrete
- Improved appearance
- Protect your concrete from efflorescence and other staining
- Preserve the aesthetic quality of your concrete
- Can be used with colored concrete
- Green construction
- Contributes to or delivers LEED credits in several categories and may assist in green building certification
- Eliminates the need for frequent reapplication of coatings
- Concrete with Hycrete admixtures can easily be recycled – Hycrete admixtures are Cradle-to-Cradle™ Certified
- Improved durability
- Keep water out and enhance the concrete life
- Protect your concrete from freezing and thawing
- Life cycle cost savings
- No need to reapply coatings
- More durable concrete lasts longer and needs fewer repairs
When water gets into architectural concrete, it does a number of things. It causes leaching, efflorescence, and staining – soluble salts and other water dispersible materials come to the surface and discolor it. It allows water and corrosive salts to reach any reinforcing steel in the concrete, leading to corrosion. Rust expands and may lead to spalling, which is not only unsightly on architectural concrete but also reduces the life of the structure and requires unsightly repair to avoid the danger of falling pieces of concrete.
Coatings can be applied to protect against these issues, but they need to be reapplied regularly. Corrosion inhibitors and coated rebar can be used to protect against corrosion but they do not reduce efflorescence and staining.
With Hycrete waterproofing solutions, the architectural concrete is protected against staining and corrosion. The amount of water that can be absorbed into the concrete is significantly reduced, and so are the risks of concrete staining, efflorescence, rusting, and spalling. The protection is inside the concrete. It will not wash out. There is no need to reapply it.
Hycrete products are green solutions. The structure lasts longer, saving on the time, cost, and environmental impacts of repairs and replacement. With no reapplication, no additional materials are needed.
Contact us to find out more about sustainable protection for your architectural concrete, to make it look good for longer.
Hycrete products for decorative / architectural concrete: