- Belt to go with your suspenders.
- In many cases, green roof solutions lack a backup protection method. Hycrete products, putting the waterproofing IN the concrete, offer a great secondary solution for these mission critical systems so you can achieve a waterproof green roof.
- Improve waterproofing performance and reduce risks
- Improve the overall quality of your green roof system by adding Hycrete admixtures to shut down capillary transport in concrete
- By adding Hycrete admixtures you ensure you have taken all appropriate measures to provide a secondary line of protection in waterproofing your green roof and protecting the space below
- Offer superior performance compared to crystalline admixtures by dramatically reducing water absorption
- Accelerate construction
- Reduce the risk of weather delays – hydrophobic concrete does not get saturated after rain, and membrane application is less at risk from weather delays
- Green material
- Hycrete admixtures are Cradle-to-Cradle™ certified and safe for use with vegetation
- Increase durability and the lifecycle of your structure
Ensure you have done everything you can to maintain a watertight green roof and protect the space below by adding Hycrete waterproofing admixtures for extra protection. Hycrete admixtures dramatically reduce water absorption in concrete and offer superior performance to crystalline admixtures. Capillary absorption is shut down, preventing water and chlorides from entering the concrete and your structure. Hycrete admixtures are compatible with membrane waterproofing systems and work in conjunction to offer added protection for your vegetated roof.
If it rains before a membrane is applied, a regular concrete roof will absorb the water and it may take a long time for it to dry enough for the membrane to be applied. When there is frequent rainfall, this could delay waterproofing by weeks or even months. Hycrete waterproofing admixtures make the concrete hydrophobic, so water absorption is considerably reduced. Even if it does rain, the concrete won’t absorb much water and will dry out more quickly, so membrane application can happen sooner.
With Hycrete System W, you can have even more assurance. You can hose test the roof before the membrane is applied, and if there are any leaks they will be fixed. So the membrane is protecting a structure which is already watertight. A temporary IntegraTek warranty is available for green roof applications, until the membrane has been applied.
Contact us to learn more about how Hycrete can provide belt-and-suspenders protection for your new green roof.